Firstly a very happy new year to our readers, we hope that 2015 is a great year full of prosperity for you, your family and your business interests. We have a lot of really interesting, in depth content coming your way in the next twelve months so be sure to stay tuned to the blog and follow our team on twitter: @videooptimize.
To kick the year off we’re going to take a look at what you can do to increase the reach of a video that you’ve posted on YouTube. We’re also going to drill down on a few things you can do to greatly increase your click throughs and conversion rates on the video sharing platform.
First off, make sure you’ve ticked off these three things – they will have a huge impact on where you appear in the YouTube search results and also how your video appears in the Google results. We all know already that in order to increase the liklihood of a web page appear in the Google SERPS (or Search Engine Results Pages to the unitiated) it is all about keywords and relevance. The same applies to video, here is how to make sure your video can be found easily:
1) Make sure you use keywords in the title of the video and if you want people to call you then include your telephone number as well.
2) Make sure you have a keyword loaded description (not keyword stuffed) that is relevant to both your site and your title.
3) Make sure you use a transcript. YouTube can automatically generate a transcription using speach recognition technology – don’t let it. Make sure you put your own transcript up to ensure it doesn’t get any words wrong. Also make sure to use keywords in your script for the purpose of indexing the transcription.
Once your video has been found you’ll want to make sure that those viewing it take some sort of action, be it to subscribe to your list, visit your site or call you. This added takeaway might seem like a no brainer but it’s amazing how many people forget to do this. In order to maximize your conversion rate ensure you mention the below pieces of information (if they’re relevant in your case) in the title, video script and description:
1) Your website URL, make sure you prefix it with http:// or it won’t hotlink from the description.
2) Your telephone number, format it with an area code and Skype click to call will automatically make it clickable for anyone who uses that facility.
3) Your email address.
So there it is ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 2015. Stay tuned to the blog and we hope you’ve enjoyed today’s piece on the fundamentals of YouTube Optimization. Of course optimizing a YouTube video is a small part of a video marketing campaign, if you’re considering mounting one be sure to contact us and we can help you out with some guidance and a quote with no obligation.